The program itself equips students with skills like negotiation skills, using mathematics to analyse data and budgets, assessing tenders from potential suppliers, monitoring and forecasting stock levels. Prompt supplier delivery, processing invoice and keeping up with market trend. Other skills needed:
1. Strategic thinking
2. Ability to clearly express oneself both verbally and in writing.
3. Use of one’s initiative
4. Accuracy and attention to details.
5. Ability to work independently and also as a team member.
6. Networking skill etc.
The general entry requirements for the National Diploma programmes are:
Senior Secondary School Certificate (SSCE) or National Examination Council (NECO)
A minimum of five credits including English and Mathematics and three other subjects from Economics, Business methods, principles of accounts, literature in English, Commerce, History, Statistics, Geography, Government, Agricultural Science or Biology.
For Higher National Diploma, the requirements to meet are:
• All the requirements for admission into the National Diploma in Purchasing and Supply Management.
• A minimum of lower credit pass (CGPA) of 2.50 in Business Studies or related programme and
• A minimum of one year post National Diploma cognate work experience.
In exceptional cases National Diploma with pass grade (CGPA of 2.00-2.49) in cognate National Diploma examination with two or more years of work experience/industrial training in the specific field may be considered for admission into Higher National Diploma programme.
Course duration for both HND and ND is two (2) years each. All students are expected to be members of APASS.