This is the life long process of managing, learning, work, leisure and transitions in order
to move toward a personally determined and evolving preferred future.
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME (ND & HND)
The objectives of the ND programme are:
1. To transmit a body of knowledge and a command of adequate technical business skills and techniques.
2. To increase the students capability to learn and to communicate successfully with others.
3. To understand himself and his environment and the community in which he lives.
The objectives of the HND programme are:
1. To transmit a higher level, a body of knowledge and a command of adequate management skills and techniques.
2. To produce graduates who are capable of managing organizations resources and communicating effectively.
3. To make the graduates understand his environment and the community (local & international)
4. To inculcate into the graduate, the ethical and social responsibilities of an accountant.
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS (ND &HND)
Applicants with the following qualifications may be considered for admission into the National Diploma Programme.
1. G.C.E ordinary level or its equivalent (W.A.S.C, S.S.S.C) with five credit passes in English Language, mathematics and any other three subjects from the following; Literature in English, Economics, Commerce, principles of accounts, geography, statistics, office practice, government and any one science subject to complete any of the three other subject.
NB: The institution does not accept awaiting results upon admission i.e your o’level should be older than your National Diploma (ND).
HIGHER NATIONAL DIPLOMA
The entry requirements for the HND Accountancy programme shall be:
1. All the requirements for admission into ND Accountancy programme , plus
2. A minimum of lower credit pass (CGPA 2.50 and above) in the ND Accountancy programme.
3. A minimum of one year post ND cognate work experience.
Accountancy programme cover a wide area of study like financial accounting, taxation, auditing and assurance services, cost accounting, practice of entrepreneurship, business research and methodology, bankruptcy laws and accounts, management accounting, fiduciary accounting, public sector accounting, multidisciplinary case study, ethics and social responsibility etc.